Tuesday, February 22, 2005

non raison d'etre

Life continues in its endless pattern. I know there has to be something of significance *digging deeply in the cavernous recesses of my brain* ----nope.

Took kids to piano yesterday and as soon as we got there, Sammie got sick. Took her back home straight away. David finished up his lesson and I came back for him. Sammie, oddly enough, was just fine after that. Must've been the breakfast cereal.

This morning I felt pretty good. Worked out hard in the Powerflex class (overloaded my weights and was shaking afterward), then came home and did some science with David and Sammie (study of birds), then moved on to history (the Ch'in Dynasty and the building of the Great Wall), and then read Understood Betsy with them. We didn't get to math or language but some days are like that.

This being my huge piano teaching day I am feeling rather drawn and quartered. It's so obvious when students haven't practiced! That was the case for fully half of the kids today. Ah well, yesterday was Presidents' Day, and I doubt many spent time at the keyboard. (My kids did! I'm not going to clean house every week for them to just sit on their butts and loaf!) In between lessons (this is a guilty confession here) I would occasionally run into the kitchen and eat sugar cubes. Yes, just plain sugar! How sad is that??! I didn't want an apple, an orange....no, I wanted SUGAR and was going to eat it plain.


Dinner tonight was steelhead, freshly caught on Saturday and given to us by our church friends. It's very like salmon, you know, so I just baked it in foil for about 25 min (it was a thick filet) with butter, garlic salt and pepper, topped with onion and lemon slices. Delish with bacon fried rice. Andy seemed to enjoy it, and so did the kids.

I'm still working on the B section of Chopin's Nocturne in F# major - the Doppio movimento part that I can't control when I'm playing fast. I have 1 1/2 more days to polish it up before Thursday's group class where I'll have to perform it from memory. (not a problem, already memorized).

Not much else has been going on. I suppose that's a good thing! I'm still trying to be proactive about my physical health (going on week 3) and I'm not seeing any results weight-loss-wise (hmmm, see the sugar incident above for a clue?) - BUT I feel pretty good. With occasional owies and achies! (My pecs and gluts are rather sore.)

Since I'm not in the habit of asking reflective questions (after all, nobody reads this!) - I think I will have to start being more deep and soul-baring; otherwise this blog will continue to be the standard recitation of "what I did last ___________."

So, must come up with THEME and/or TOPIC TO PONDER. If I were really observant, I'd take a thread from the occurrences of my daily grind and come up with something really of value. But I usually just react to what 's going on, not try to follow Intelligent Patterns. I am what I am. Which is why this blog is so shallow. :p

Andy would like to read this to find greater insights into my soul. Ha. Grab a ruler, dude! We're definitely in the kiddie pool here.

It's too late to think about these things. As a matter of fact, I haven't done much thinking at all lately, just living. Are these things mutually exclusive?

Oooooooo there's my Deep Question to Ponder. Success! At least for tonight anyway.

Now we will have to see how much thinking I do about the answer.

No comments: