Friday, July 14, 2006

"The track 'Hot Shot City' is particularly good"

Looks like I stumbled across an internet phenomenon today. Apparently David Hasselhoff, of Knight Rider, and more recently Baywatch fame, has a singing career. So much so, in fact, that he's even released an album of greatest hits called "Looking for - Best of David Hasselhoff."

You should see the glowing reviews on Amazon! Go ahead, click the link. (caveat: this could be addictive). There's 1008 reviews of this album, and most everyone gives it 5 stars. Those who do not must be ogres or deaf, apparently.

Here's a sampling:

Like the Colossi of antiquity, his magnificence is both awe inspiring and humbling. His oeuvre is living proof that the Dumbing Down phenomenon theory is just speculation.

Never before and never again will such genius and mastery of the senses coalesce into a body of pure bliss as has in this work of blinding brilliance by David Hasseldorf.

David Hassenbloff Has made me see the lyrical light. Pre Hoff i used to listen to acts like Zepplin, Elvis, Marvin Gaye until i discovered the Sultan of Song himself David Hasseldorf.

Mr Hasselkidds has here encapsulated the epitome of all that is music. . . .I simply cannot recommend this album highly enough. The song "Hot Shot City" is particularly good.

Shame on you, world!! How could you spend so many years alive without discovering the thrilling, godlike music of David Honkerpoff?!

This engaging, challenging type of art not only transcends one's expectations of expression but creates new forms of aural communication. This is the art invented by the one and only Darvis Hypercraft.

If someone were to ask me what my definition of "timeless" was, I would open my shirt and show this CD hanging from its gold chain.

...and the raves go on! It will suck you in if you go there. Just take my word for it. I don't want to tell you how long I've been sitting here, reading the reviews and laughing my head off. Too long.

Go write a review yourself if you like, and be part of the next All Your Base! :)

No comments: