Thursday, September 28, 2006

Money, Money

This charming morning, my dear husband volunteered to take the kids to piano lessons, allowing me to do some things at home.

Instead of staying home, however, I went to the bank, where I had an account to settle. :) literally.

On Monday afternoon, a new teller had failed to make a split deposit correctly. I noticed it after I left the bank (it was getting late and dinner was calling my name, "make meee, make meeee" - so I didn't go back to make sure it was corrected). Since then, I've been waiting to see if the error would straighten itself out (by checking my online banking), but alas, it has not. So not only did the teller screw up, so did the proofing department (or whatever the double-checkers are called. Rebecca, can you enlighten me?)

So this morning, as soon as the doors opened, I went in, armed with my information. Fortunately "my" banker was there, and she was able to pull up a proof of the deposit slip, where very clearly I had designated a certain amount to go to a different acct. In doing some checking, she was at a loss to see where my money had gone! So, she went ahead and made the deposit for me, using Bank of America's money.

That was a tidy 45 minutes gone, but not entirely wasted.

ON TO SCHOOL. We began math at 11:30 this morning. Skill to be learned: Counting back change. I had all these paper cutouts of $1, $5 and $10 bills, as well as real change from our change jar littering the table as we played "store." I would "buy" a plate of tortilla chips for $5.56, give the kids a $10 and make them give me change. If they did it right, they got to eat the chips (or what have you). And inflation/deflation was rampant. Sometimes the chips cost $12.23 and I gave them a $10 and a $5. Other times it cost $.49.

We took a break at 12:30. Confusion abounding. Lights coming on in S's head, but not D's.

Resumed at 1:30. AUGH. *Pounding head on table*

It's now 3:30. We just finished math. I think I'm going to hang out on this lesson a few more days.

But I'm gonna have to take a prozac first.


Money pressures can be very stressful!!!

3 comments:

3boysmama said...

I LOVE that D is having a hard time with money. Not to antagonize you but that I feel your pain. I too was banging my head against the wall. I'm trying to teach Micah (3 1/2) to identify the coin names. He can't even get penny right! Although he does know that quarters are the ones that work on rides!(but he doesn't know the name quarter...)
But he can identify a T Rex or diplodicus out of a line-up.

Anonymous said...

dont use the prozac, i hear that oxicodine is better... i only know this due to the injuies i got from work and got put on meds for. i now know what is like to "fly high".

Annecourager said...

No no, Danny, I'm not in pain, I'm DEPRESSED. Maybe what I want is zoloft? :) lol


Very nice sidebars, Diane! Where's the content?! :)