Tuesday, March 25, 2008

indoor water feature

The must-have thing in today's depressed real estate market is amenities. You know, those cool things that make a potential buyer jump at the chance to place an offer on your home.

D, ever thinking, ever planning, decided to add a water feature to our home yesterday. Taking a handy piece of tape, he covered over the bathroom sink outlet hole - the one near the top of the sink, got it?

He wanted to create a waterfall, and he succeeded.

The water ran over the countertop, filling the drawers, the storage cabinet underneath the sink, and added two inches of water to the (installed just last May) linoleum floor, soaking into the carpet just outside the door to a 6 inch radius.

Things are still drying out. It looks like the top drawer will be permanently warped, though perhaps we managed to save the other drawers, the cabinet bottom, and (I sincerely hope) the linoleum floor/subfloor.

At what age does The Citadel accept new recruits?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, my first thought is...your trying to sell your home? my second thought is, D must be terribly bored. LOL! I know I wouldn't be very happy with that. See, I was a good girl (yeah, right), but K on the other hand...trouble galore. =) I sass.

Zintradi said...

Ahhhhh, the joys of raising an adolescent male, especially one of A's lineage...

I'm sure my parents were quietly assured to have me out of the house when I was older as they could truly, once again, have nice things :-)

MomO said...

Have heart...It may be a while in coming, but the paybacks WILL come when D has children. (especially if you twll them what their parents did as kids) Take it from one who knows...and enjoys !!!

Annecourager said...

Rebecca, nope, not trying to sell our home, just trying to make improvements to make it less "Carol Brady." And trying to ensure that the improvements made are not rapidly undone by some pre-adolescent changeling child.

Richard, I'm sure you were never destructive. :) hehehe.

MomO- the problem is that A tells the kids stories of when he was a boy, or even worse, what Grandpa Bill once did. That's just a little too inspirational to the halflings. Thankfully A does withhold SOME tales, so they won't be TOO inspired and I find my house on fire or something.

Anonymous said...

is momO your mom, E?

did you make D clean it up? I'm sure he'd hate that. =) Did you check into the Citadel? LOL (just kidding)

Anonymous said...

I mean A's mom...your mom too, really. =)

Annecourager said...

Yep! MomO is Mom O. :)

D did indeed clean it up, but I had to go and do some detail work that he wouldn't think of.

The Citadel, sadly, is only for college. Now I'm looking at boarding school.

Christy said...

I've heard of some great boarding schools in Africa.

I wonder if I'm having a boy or girl. Imagine the fun we're in for if it turns out to be a boy and we have D times three in a few years!

3boysmama said...

When this happens again just think of me with 3 boys and what fun I have to look forward to!