Sunday, November 16, 2008

the last man on earth = the last kid awake

D. awoke this morning, barking like a seal, voice high and reedy. Could I find the thermometer? No. I have a pretty good sense of what a fever feels like, though, and he definitely was on the warm side. That, plus no appetite--strong indicators that the child is not well. So D and I spent the morning at home, away from church people.

After he woke up and nibbled a few bites of oatmeal, followed by a cup of hot tea, he settled in to watch some 50's Sci-fi/horror movies (he's a fan of the monster genre), while I continued to work on my list from yesterday, occasionally pausing to visit Piper's web site, Bible Gateway, SermonAudio, etc.

D decided to watch an old Vincent Price movie called The Last Man on Earth. I warned him. Vampire zombies are one thing by daylight (flopped lifeless on the ground) - but after dark are quite another thing all together--and can be rather nervewracking.

He scorned my advice. "Mom. (eyeroll) This isn't scary at all." I decided to let it pass.



So guess which kid is still awake right now, wanting company--ANY company, so long as he doesn't have to be alone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate horror movies daylight or not.

You have a new header! Cool...and you wrote a lot...again, cool!

Annecourager said...

I found that header in my files from 2 years ago-I need to tweak this blog to be more "me" again, but I figured this would be good for a spot of color to begin with :) .

Thankee for the kind words.

Annecourager said...

BTW - apparently D. convinced S. to sleep at the foot of his bed last night so he wouldn't have to be alone. Hopefully she won't come down with his fever and cough.