Friday, March 01, 2002

And here I had made all these grandiose plans to have a blog on my geocities web site, only to learn that they will be stopping FTP to non-paying accounts. Money talks...and it's rather quiet around my house, thank you very much. Ah well!

It's rather daunting to think that someone else will occasionally read this. It makes me think I have to be witty and brilliant, when I am rarely either. I'm ok with that. I think.

Today I began to conquer the remaining vestiges of turf in my front yard, so I can create a haven for my David Austen roses. My two preschool kidlets regarded this as an opportunity to get the feel of good, clean mud between their toes. We all had a good time until they discovered the joys of throwing mud balls at each other, my white car, the front porch... The Good Time is Now Over, I announced. I enjoyed hosing them off afterwards with the glacially-tempered water that flows from my hoses this time of year. Wonder why they howled and screamed? It was just water. Afterward we warmed up inside with macaroni and cheese.

Now that they are in bed, I find myself wanting to make some popcorn and watch a movie with my husband. Popcorn is a guaranteed free-for-all, confetti-type party food for my kidlets; hence, I make it after they are in bed. Get thee to a microwave!

No comments: