Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Year, Restarting

I meant to post this last week but was too darn sore. I went to the gym last week and took the PowerFlex class for the first time in 3 mos. Wouldn't you know it, it involved tons of squats and lunges. That used to be my strong point; I could go on forever and carry on a conversation with the person next to me while the other fitness gods and demigods were dropping like flies.
NOT this time! It was starting from ground zero for me, like a year ago. Quivery and weak when finished. Ok, I can handle that, the key thing is to keep moving, right? So the very next day, I wasn't going to lift weights, oh no, I was just going to get a good cardio workout in the Cycling class.

*smacking head* LEGS, numbskull, LEGS.

Two hour-long classes in two consecutive days contrived to make me walk like Herman Munster. And excuse my lack of discretion, but THEEEEEE worst part was trying to sit down on the Necessary. Took me 3 days to get back to normal.

I waited until today before heading back to the gym, same class. This time I was more cautious, but the focus was more on upper body, chest, shoulders and arms. I can handle that. Who cares if I can't lift my fork to my mouth? That's a good thing, right? :O) And tomorrow I will be doing advanced step aerobics, not cycling (don't wanna get up that early).

Following the Powerflex class I met up with Audra for our weekly Starbucks encounter. I had the caramel apple cider drink. yum.

School today consisted of "art" and "organizational skills" - translated, clean your rooms OR ELSE.

25 straight days of rain here! The front yard feels like a sponge.

2 comments:

Annecourager said...

nope, no extra $ for cycling. If you want to do small group training or have a personal trainer, that's where the extra $ comes in. Large group exercise classes are part of my $20/mo, or whatever it is. I joined so long ago now that I have a screaming deal compared to the newer people--I even get free child care at the kids' club, whereas the rest of the poor sods have to pay $4/child each time.

Annecourager said...

eek, it's a big enough challenge just to keep this thing updated! Thx for the invite, I'll consider it, but i think I'm better off as a hit-and-run commenter rather than a regular blogger! :)