Sunday, March 26, 2006

Spring Cleaning

I want to update the look of this blog. I've found some really pretty things on other people's blogs, but I don't quite know how far I can go in tweaking this template; I might mess up some javascript or css and then I'd be up a creek not knowing how to fix it. (CSS and javascript illiterate, though I'm ok with html).

Update on kids: Influenza B lasts 7 to 8 days before the 102-103º fevers return to normal. I had to take S in to the Dr. on Thursday because she acquired a secondary infection: pinkeye!

Poor kid.

Thursday night A. coughed all night long (sleep was but a fond hope, not a reality) - so Fri. I got him into the Dr. to get some meds for bronchitis. He walked out of there with 3 prescriptions - 1 inhaler, 1 cough syrup with codeine, and 1 gel pill. Plus a sampler for another inhaler.

Friday night, loaded up with medication, A. proceeded to cough all night long. PFUI!
Saturday morning, with his temp at 101.7 º we made arrangements for a "substitute preacher" for today, and he "slept" last night in the living room partially sitting up in the recliner---still coughing.

So for this particular bug, Albuterol, Tessalon, and CoTylenol are not effective.

Praising God, though, that D and S are 98.6 and 99.5 (and coughing) That's good enough to start school again tomorrow! We're now a week behind. Spring break is the first week of April and I don't want to skip it, so we're going to double up as much as possible this upcoming week. We'll see how much grief I get from D and S. I think I can pull off 3 history lessons and 3 science lessons - then if I do that on two other days, I'll be in good shape. Then on the short days (Tu and Wed) we'll do some extra LA, Math and Art. (Just thinking out loud here... now I'll be able to remember what I've planned!)

I went to Sunday school alone this morning, but came home right afterward, because really, A was in no condition to be the "adult in charge" of two kids on the mend. I figured I had about an hour, then I didn't want to risk it any further.

I am so sleepy right now. I think I might just sleep in the living room myself, first putting in some earplugs to tune out all the hacking.

I keep reading Tammy's blog and thinking I need a hobby that I can do sitting down. (those monthly ladies' craft saturdays are nagging at me). I guess I don't have the sticktoitiveness though; all I've ever managed to crochet (and it was a BIG DEAL, I assure you!) was some scarves for D and S. I was proud of those! But it seemed like they took forever. So I don't think crochet or knitting is the way for me to go. (sigh)

I'll just sit here at the computer and play neopets I guess. :)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, praying everyone gets better soon! (And I'm thankful that computer viruses are the only thing you can catch online! LOL)

3boysmama said...

My friend had a tortoise, and it hibernated. Great pet, it goes away for half the year and you don't have to do anything for it. (at least in california...)

E-so sorry the kids are sick. Micah came down with a fever and diarrhea yesterday, after we exposed everyone at church, of course. I have a cold and have been just blah. I've had my fill of veggie tales and dora today!