Saturday, January 19, 2008

FOs and WIPs

FO: Aunt Rose's chemo cap, made from a super soft 100% merino wool by Water Lily . Ann Nordling pattern, but just knitted in the round with no fancy stitches, because according to chemocaps.com, many cancer patients prefer hats without a lot of "texture" on their heads.



WIP: A chain link pattern scarf in "La Boheme" - a double-stranded yarn that didn't photograph well here. The color is African Violet - so there's a pale green, a violet, and a gold color that shows up as a rather unfortunate orange here. This is for me. :)


FO: My Step-MIL wanted PENS for Christmas. Ball point pens. :\ She also told me she likes butterflies. So in addition to ball point pens, I knitted her a butterfly dishcloth. Here it is while being blocked out with jars of elderberry jam. :)
I also made her a dishcloth called "Bobbles the Sheep" because they raise sheep out there in New York, but alas, I failed to snap a photo before shipping it.


Other things in the works: D's pair of socks (just about finished with sock #1) and A's Christmas sweater (an unspecified Christmas). But I haven't snapped photos of those yet. :)

And my SIL Penny gave me some SUPERCOOL sock yarn for Christmas, but I feel dutybound to finish my poor son's socks first, and make some serious headway on A's sweater.

And my other SIL Ruth actually SPUN me some yarn from the sheep at the O family farm in upstate NY! How cool is that? Now I have to figure out how much is there, and what to do with it. Hats and scarves come to mind. ;)

So I'd better get knitting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commenting on all three posts because I'm too lazy :)
Your photos are great, I waved to you all. The tree looked lurrvely. My kiddiwinks stole half of our ornaments to play with so our tree had bald-spots, I was too sick to care though.

Lol booger sweets, and hand picked too! How...homemade. :)

Your knitting looks great, I love the scarf it looks so soft.

Sarah x

Tammy said...

The FO's look great! Can't wait to see more!

Penny asked me about the yarn, so I knew you were getting it. =D

Di Doodle said...

Knitting, baking, reading, piano lessons (given and taken), teaching, and blogging. How do you do it all superwoman???