Tuesday, November 04, 2008

tag (x3), I'm it

Thanks, Christy, Rebecca and Crystal, for assuming that I actually have something interesting and random to share. Well, random I can do....interesting, not always so much.

7 random things about me, that may or may not be interesting:

1. I have nightmares about the kids destroying the house in some way. I dream that there's crud all over the floor, or puddles of chocolate (well, that really happened once), or broken glass, or a tipped-over bag of potting soil seeping down into my carpet. Then I (in my dream state) proceed to feel extremely guilty: WHY didn't I know this had happened? HOW LONG has it been this way and I didn't know? I must be such a horrible mom/wife/housekeeper because my house looks this way - can't I even keep track of my kids? Where ARE the kids, anyway? I have dreams like this several times a month, and I wake up, anxious, heart pounding, and depressed.

2. I love, love, love California roll sushi. I learned how to make it this past summer. Great thing is, I am the ONLY person in my house who likes it, so the treat is all mine, MINE I tell you.

3. I don't like to stand by the side of the bed. When I was a kid, I would always enter bed by climbing up from the foot. The monsters weren't expecting me to get in down there; I tricked 'em that way. Nowadays I DO enter from the side, but I catch myself quickly swinging up my feet, out of reach of the edge of the bed......just in case, you understand. If you're clever, some of you can divine the scariest part (for me) of the movie The Sixth Sense.

4. I hate to go shopping for clothes. It's very stressful. I have to go alone, because it takes my total concentration, and I can't be bothered with short ones talking to me, asking me to buy thisnthat... I love it, though, when someone hands me a big bag and says, "Here, look and see if there's anything in here that you like, and give away the rest."

5. I'm exceptional at grammar, usage and mechanics of the English language. (You are hereby ordered to ignore all errors on my own blog forthwith.) I have a flair button on my facebook page that says "Yes, I corrected your grammar. Trust me, it sounds better my way." Now, I'm not as bad as all that--I will not SAY anything. But I will think it, and I cannot help myself.

6. We keep guinea pigs around so they can mow the backyard grass during the summer. That's why A. tolerates them: they're utilitarian pets. They're also cute little fuzzballs, which is why I have four of them. I'd have more if space allowed. Next summer I want to get some chickens, too--make one of those chicken tractors, and have fresh eggs (no more sweat shop eggs, a la Seinfeld).

7. I can sing a high C, but I'm an alto.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking of your no. 5...my brain completely turns off when confronted...even if it is simple stuff. I wish it wouldn't do that, but it's probably a good thing. :)

I found this all very interesting...puddles of chocolate, eh?

Anonymous said...

Now high C, that's the C above middle C? Now that's about my limit which is why I bemoaned Lion of Judah and there is Power in the Name of Jesus to our music leader as the first hits high D and the second high E. He thought they weren't that high. I sing well with the middle notes but strain at the higher.

After we've sung the line 'there is no other name that is hiiiiigher than Jesus' I make the aside 'there is no other NOTE that is higher'. Wonderful lyrics, just take it down a key! :)

Sorry really rambled now. You've reminded me I promised to do this meme too.

1. not had that nightmare yet. I had a weird dream Anthony HOpkins was in love with me, I think it's because I'd watched Remains of the Day t'other day.

2. never heard of it.

3. Lol I had a similar fear as a child.

4. ditto

5. I wouldn't say I was exceptional but I do point out other people's grammar mistakes, especially hubs', which he hates.

6. lol can't have guinea pigs, hubs hates all rodents and rodent relations.

7. I think I can if the high C you mean is the one I'm thinking of

OK so I wrote a post in your comment and I only meant to come on blogger for a second! :)

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

My first paragraph should give you some good fodder for grammatical analysis...in fact the whole comment.

Ok...really going now.

Christy said...

Those monsters can be very tricky. I decided at a young age that they were deathly allergic to my sheets - that way they could not creep onto my bed when I was asleep.

I am terribly intrigued by #1. Can I expect these dreams to visit me shortly?

Yes, grammar. I would not say I am exceptional, but I do mentally correct soooo many things.

(aside: you changed your whole blog! Does this mean you'll be here more?)

Anonymous said...

holy moses, your blog is . . . it is so lovely now!! ;)

i also am a fan of california rolls. i would LOVE to learn how to make them.

a high C--that is impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Just saw t-shirt that made me think of you.

Bad grammar makes me [sic]

:)

Anonymous said...

I love sushi (only types with REALLY mild-tasting fish). We have a nice little Japanese restaurant around the corner that I love for take-out. I've never attempted to make sushi. I'll have to put that on my to-do list (behind the 3,256,093 other items that are already on it). =)

Annecourager said...

Hi Christy--
I dunno, how much reading have you done on Christian Marriage and Motherhood? If you've read some of the books I have, you'll probably have these nightmares cropping up.

And I will attempt to post more regularly. I seem to be away from my laptop when inspiration strikes. That post above (about gasoline) was sent from my cell phone!

Thanks, Karen-- actually, I'd use the word SPARTAN, rather than lovely. ;)

Sarah- I can has shirt? That's great!

Lisa - You need to avoid the octopus sushi. :) It's waaay chewy! And maki-sushi (with the nori seaweed) is actually quite easy. You possess enough cooking skills to pull it off! The fussiest part is making the sushi rice. Trust me... if you can do tamales, then you can certainly do this. :)