Monday, June 07, 2010

conspiracy afoot

I found a checklist in the laundry room (which, in fact, is just one tiny side of the garage, but it sounds more impressive to say Laundry Room like I actually have an entire room designated for cleaning clothes) -

I'm posting it here so I can let the FBI know that I'm keeping tabs on this hotbed of rebellion. Motherhood isn't for sissies. Here's the list:


___ Machine Gun

___ C-4

___ Grenades

___ Toxic gas

_X_ Rope

___ Harpoon gun

___ Dalek Sonic Screwdriver

_X_ Dress shoes

_X_ Dark socks

_X_ Blazer

_X_ Loud tie

___ Neat haircut

_X_ Skirt Dress Pants

Destroy this list!


As long as the first few items remain unchecked, I suppose I don't see anything very subversive about dark socks, dress shoes, and loud ties. However, I am a bit baffled as to the appearance of "skirt" on the list - my son never has expressed a desire to embrace his Scottish heritage by wearing the family tartan in kilt form; and he disdains the man-skirt/utility kilt fashion that I've seen around greater Seattle. He changed his mind, regardless.

I will have to keep closer tabs on the laundry, to be sure.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! That is SO funny!! I love it!