Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March 14 is Pi Day!!

I never knew that until today. Get it?? 3/14 is Pi day... like 3.14.... okay. I guess you have to be more geekish to appreciate it fully.

I'm going to solve my grocery shopping dilemma by not thinking about it. I realize it's an ostrich solution at best, but it's what I can manage on a Wednesday afternoon. Thank you for commenting.


So, to close with an appropriately-themed limerick for the day, by Harvey L. Carter:

'Tis a favorite project of mine
A new value of pi to assign.
I would fix it at 3,
For it's simpler you see
Than 3 point 14159.

4 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I love it when my brain is forced to think. But I still remember "pie are squared" from the dark ages but I don't remember why.

3boysmama said...

I totally forgot about that! One day we celebrated pi day when I taught junior high. It was alot of fun! We took various circular objects (cans and such) and measured the circumference and the diameter then divided to see that the number was close to 3.14159... Then we talked about why it wasn't exactly 3.14159.. We even ate pie to top it off!

Jennwith4 said...

I have never heard of pi day until now. Cute limerick though.

Tammy said...

Oh, I think I remember hearing about it somewhere along the way. But then, I promptly forgot about it! LOL