Tuesday, June 26, 2007

whole lotta (insert whatever) goin' on

So, um... hello to my four readers! :)

To sum up: In the past weeks, we have pressed on to finish our school year with WAVA; canned two batches of strawberry jam; attended D and S's final piano recital of the year; gone to a Mariners' Game (they lost); been interviewed/filmed by the Evergreen Freedom Foundation for a part in a DVD they're composing for alternative education; taken a weekend sabbatical sans kids to the Tacoma waterfront; plugged up the dishwasher so it wouldn't drain; taken apart same dishwasher at least 8 times to determine the source of the plug; contemplated shelling out $199 for a new cheapo dishwasher, then fixing old one once we removed the source of the problem: a plastic fork tine and an orange pip stuck near the valve; primed the front bathroom walls; primed the porch railing; pressure-washed the back porch in preparation for painting; and accidentally left $20 worth of household supplies at the checkout stand at WalMart....AFTER having paid for them. And customer service can't find it. If you came home from Wally's yesterday with three sticks of deodorant, a new mop head, and two tablecloths that you did NOT purchase.... please email me.

There's more, too, but I don't want to drive you away from this site begging for mercy.

The dishwasher saga has been going on since last Friday. A. now knows the ins and outs of this dishwasher, let me tell you. I started to take the dishwasher apart, but came down with some vague stomach virus thing that knocked me queasy with a low grade fever through Sunday.... (sorry I didn't call you back, Lori... that's why) --so A. had to finish it up for me.

Tomorrow D turns 10!!! sigh. All you moms of toddlers..........hug em now, huh? And all you can. Every day. Even if the hug is more like a strangle at times. :) I've baked a cake that needs frosting and decorating (with dragons). We're having a family thing tomorrow, then Friday we're hooking up with Crystal and her two halflings up in Seattle. Maybe she'll take pictures. :p

Then in July we'll be taking D. to his birthday present over at the Tacoma Dome: Walking With Dinosaurs exhibit. This has better be cool because it was spendy even at WAVA group rates!

19 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, sounds like you've been busy! Any knitting time in there?

Christy said...

No wonder you haven't posted in a while.

I'll be hugging my toddler & pre-school boys extra long today. Thanks for the reminder of how time flies.

Hopefully with summer here things may slow down a little bit? and we will again get the pleasure of reading your words of wit and wisdom more regularly?

Anonymous said...

I'm finding even my 3 year old gives hugs less and less. :( Can't imagine when he's 10.

Hey, would you post how to make jam sometime? I just went to the farmers market and have LOADS of strawberries that wont make it, and i read about all you moms knitting and baking and the like. But I think i might enjoy making a jam. Heaven knows with all the PB & J in my home that it will make it onto a sandwhich somewhere!!

3boysmama said...

karen,
if you buy a box of pectin (in the baking aisle, next to the canning jars) it has instructions inside as to how to do it. Actually, my mom taught Erin how to make jam! =)
Its not too hard. Hardest thing is to find a pot big enough to sterilize the jars.

You can also make freezer jam, which is easier, but you can't really give it as gifts.(not to mention it takes up room in the freezer)

3boysmama said...

Erin, so is that a hint as for me to bring the camera?? =)

Sounds like you'vej been through the wringer with the darn dishwasher! next time you want a cheap-o replacement, you should check out freecycle. I got my aunt and uncle a dishwasher when theirs went kaput.

Annecourager said...

Tammy - actually I did knit on Andy's sweater today while the kids were in swimming lessons. Hot and sticky in the pool room!

Christy-- bwaahaha wit and wisdom? My friend, sometimes I just need to sit and shaddup and listen to the truly wise people. That said, I'm going to post a bit more I think.

Karen-- I'll do Jam 101 sometime but in the meantime I think my friend Tammy did on her blog. Yes, she did! :) Pectin, sugar, and smooshed strawberries... can't go wrong! Freezer jam is easier if you have the space for it. We go through insane amounts of jam around here.

Crystal--oh, you caught that bit about the camera, did you? :) Audra's old one is getting finicky in its decrepit age... I have my phone but it doesn't take faboo pictures. Hopefully getting anoter camera soon. ;)

Zintradi said...

well if you go to the market, be sure to check out my four seasons currently under construction.
You knwo where it is, it used to be the parking garage we would park in if the youth group went to seattle.
there's not much to see right now as the structure is only up to level 7 (they are going to 21 floors) but i'm going through a lot to get that designed and installed and I'm proud of it gosh darn it.:-)

Anonymous said...

Lol did they not give you a complimentary bag? I left a bottle of wine at the checkout at our local supermarket and when I went back it was gone but she got another off the shelf for me.

You sound busy. And grr at appliances. Our tumble dryer broke, it kept tripping the electric. We had no money at the time so we had to leave it. Here I am 3 weeks later and about to ring the repairman but I thought "I'll just check it" and it works! Miracle Hotpoint Dryer, healed itself, perhaps I could arrange tours? My Mum had the same thing with her washing machine - perhaps they fit these machines with AI and they were just playing up like naughty children?

Lol.

Ooo ha, I'm reader number 6! :)

Anonymous said...

okay...Richard has a blog? Richard, do share!

Zintradi said...

nope, no blog...
I'm a commenter and a lurker...
I comment and do not blog...

although If i did start one, maybe I could be know as the "worlds most boring blogger" and then monetize it for some sweet dealz.

If you've been following the Casey Serin saga, then you'll get that.

Anonymous said...

no idea what the Casey Serin saga is, but I'm pretty sure I already hold the title for the world's most boring blogger. =D yet, alas, I still do it.

Christy said...

Ummm, way more than 4 readers. You get no sympathy from me! :)

I just saw your question about Santa Maria, and I wish I could say we're flying back tomorrow, but sadly, we won't be there until September.

Sadly, because I'll once again miss meeting up with you. But we're having a good time in Bali.

You won't by any chance be there around Christmas this year? It's always possible that we might. Also possible that we'll be in the southern States doing trade shows, but you never know with us.

Going to the southern States this year? Closer than Bali!

Christy said...

ooh, ooh, I just saw that you read "Created to be His Helpmeet". What did you think? I read it last year and really enjoyed her insight. Some of it was over the top, but I figure if I'm feeling grumpy towards Debi Pearl, I'm probably really feeling convicted.

I thought a lot of what she said could use some spreading around amongst today's Christian women. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

The Santimaw's said...

E: It's ok you didn't call me back...I thought maybe as you were trying to fix the dishwasher the smell became so overwhelming that it made you sick!! YUCK!!! I probably would have. Happy Birthday D!!! Sorry we can't be there to help you celebrate. Have a great day!

3boysmama said...

Richard,
World's Most Boring Bloggger, HA!
Just use your leverage for some sweet arbitrage.

itsallgood

all: check out www.caseypedia.com

Anonymous said...

oh...i have heard of that guy. John mentioned it to me.

3boysmama said...

E-you gotta do a full report on the dinosaurs show. It looks really cool! I think micah would be scared out of his wits, however!

Annecourager said...

Christy...well by now you've seen my review of CTBHH above. Some of it is REALLY good. Focus on the really good bits.

We might be in Santa Maria at Christmas, i just don't know. I need to get down there more often.

Richard--I took a picture of your building! Gotta get it off my phone and onto the blog here. :)

Annecourager said...

Sarah... ooh, the Healing Machine. You could make a fortune. Are you sure there isn't a picture of the Virgin Mary on the side of it somewhere? Like on the grilled cheese sandwich?

People could bring their appliances to your place to be touched... wow, the marketing potential here.