Friday, December 21, 2007

regarding Christmas cards

Great Scott, it's December 21st and I'm just now starting to think about this.

You see, I have this self-imposed pressure to yearly come up with a witty, newsy newsletter of all the O family doings for the previous year. People have commented to me in past years about how clever/funny/charming the Christmas letter was. However, this year I have discovered that I am only sporadically clever, occasionally funny, and infrequently charming.

Plus them there card things ain't cheap to buy OR send.


So this afternoon, having an extended period to sit at the desktop computer (ooh, the one with a PRINTER), I made an unclever, nonfunny, semi-charming (if snowflakes are your thing)... POSTCARD, with absolutely no family news on it. A simple "Merry Christmas," with John 1:14.

And what is more, I am not sending it to everyone on my list. Simplify, simplify. Please don't feel snubbed. If you're reading this, I probably keep in contact with you more than the other people on my list. Rest assured, I am thinking of you. And you probably already know all the news I would share anyway, because you read this thing.

A simple "Merry Christmas" to you all.

John 1:14 - "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us; and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sure! steal my postcard idea. LOL! =) Merry Christmas!

Annecourager said...

Too funny! Truly, though, I was noodling this beforehand-- and then between you and my extraordinary lab partner Robyn, I received TWO postcards for Christmas...so that was all the encouragement I needed. :)

Tammy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! =)

ruthiecheer said...

Don't feel snubbed, just happy I got to see you in person, always better than a card...

Anonymous said...

where is some more of that pith and wisdom? do share. I need something to read. Work is a bore.

Anonymous said...

Aww you're always 'clever/funny/charming' all at the same time.

Hope you had a great Christmas :)