Thursday, December 20, 2007

sowing and reaping

What do you get when you combine a cup of hot cocoa and a thermometer?

A little girl with a 101.1 fever who is too sick to do school, watching Ratatouille and Felicity, An American Girl on the mini DVD player, while being pampered by all and sundry.

I wondered, later, as to why her temperature suddenly became 98.6. An angel must have touched her on the head and said "go out and play."

So, now that it's 8:30 pm, confession has been made, discipline has been meted out, and she is now doing her school, and will stay up until it is done.

And the letter "c" is growing increasingly difficult to type on my laptop. What would the world be like without the letter c?

3 comments:

Zintradi said...

hmmmm.
Even the Home school kids are sneaky at avoiding school... The difference being that once the fabrication is discovered, you're back in school 2 seconds later.
At least with me I only had to hold the facade untill the parental units left for work :-)
Makes me wonder why they would even try?

Annecourager said...

Her reasoning: "I needed a break."

Fair enough. But the problem is, she's been treating the month of December as if it were July, and she has a fair bit of school left to accomplish, sadly, before she gets a Christmas break.

Choices, choices.

Christy said...

how did she get the thermometer to read so high?

Without the letter "C", my family, at least, would be hard up. I would be Hristy, which is very difficult to pronounce. My husband, Harlie, and my firstborn? Harles. At least all our names would still start with the same letter...