Saturday, May 03, 2008

grasshoppers, 2; sensei, 1



Ooh, hot off the camera. Two grasshoppers (left and right, above) played a duet tonight - Mozart's Sonata in Bb. The sensei (center) was in the audience, and the grasshoppers were jittery. We pulled it off, though of course we know exactly where the problems were. 98% of the audience, however, did NOT know we flogged a few of Mozart's carefully penned chords at the last, especially since we ended it with a flourish, completely unified. Sensei, not one to waste compliments, was pleased with our performance.

The rest of the South Sound Classical Choir concert went rawther well, also. We listen so much better now, and we don't oversing. Peter, our new director, is extremely good about the human instrument, making sure we don't sing outside our "box of beauty."

I was hoping to be able to post a video/audio of our group, but alas, we were stood up by the sound technician!! He's got two more chances to get this concert, so I hope he gets there tomorrow or next Saturday to do his job! I might have to get irritated with him to get him there, and I dislike doing that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the lady in the middle looks familiar, should I know her?

Annecourager said...

Perhaps, and you might know Ned or Heidi, her kids, who both went to Puyallup. I think Ned is your age-ish. Sensei is Dr. Merilyn Jacobson.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I had to look up sensei, now understand.

What a shame you didn't get a video of it. I'd love to see/hear you sing.

3boysmama said...

Did you know i took lessons from her too? A short while when I was in HS. What is Ned up to? He was a year ahead of me.