Tuesday, February 24, 2009

my business is picking up

Last night, on my daily walk-thru before bedtime, I discovered:

* an open gallon of milk, sitting in front of the linen closet

* General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi, facing off on my bathroom floor next to the box of shoe polish supplies, also on the bathroom floor for some reason

This morning, I encountered:

* a pot of Earl Grey tea, with copious amounts of sugar speckling the surrounding countertop

* a saucepan on the stovetop, containing bright vermilion cooked crayfish staring blankly at their surroundings

* folded clothes in various piles scattered around the flat surfaces of the living room, making it intraversable (at least they were folded)

* a ringing phone, but the handset was not on the hook, and I don't know where it is...

Believe you me, my business is picking up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell you what, hide and it might all go away...

It doesn't work for me but there's always a first time.

Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I have a dinosaur growing on my windowsil in a ice cream tub of water. Who said toys couldn't be exquisite ornaments?

Zintradi said...

so let me ask, are you reaping what your husband sowed as a child?

Christy said...

was the milk in need of a towel after it's shower?

(this sounds like my house in a couple of years, I currently just have matchbox cars and dying balloons in random places...oh, and a perpetual pile of "Geotrax" trains on the rug)

Annecourager said...

lol Christy! In my house, you just never know.

Richard.....I'm reaping what *I* have sowed :) :\

Sarah... I greatly prefer toys in tubs on windowsills, rather than discovering them in the dark with my toes.