Friday, February 27, 2009

thoughtfulness

My son has just brought me a cup of my favorite tea: Ginger Peach, by the incomparable Republic of Tea. I love it hot or cold.

I wonder if he's trying to soften some blow that will fall shortly?

... and I hate being all suspicious like that, but these children sometimes exhibit my worst behaviors, and I have been guilty of buttering people up.


Maybe I should just stop fussing and drink my tea. Good idea.

**UPDATE**
I found an empty carton of ice cream next to the teapot. Okay, not COMPLETELY empty... there were about two bites left. Tea with ice cream: who knew?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, children are cool...but also make us uncomfortable when we see ourselves in them!! ;) That has happened so many times to me and I think, "I really must stop doing that!".

Anonymous said...

oh...this is so unrelated, but I must've dreamed last night that you deleted your blog. glad it is still here. :)