Saturday, March 20, 2010

the forgetfulness of God

I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,
and I will not remember your sins.
Isaiah 43:25

And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD.
For I will forgive their iniquity, and
I will remember their sin no more."
Jeremiah 31:34

In those days and in that time, declares the LORD,
iniquity shall be sought in Israel, and there shall be none,
and sin in Judah, and none shall be found,
for I will pardon those whom I leave as a remnant.
Jeremiah 50:20

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity
and passing over transgression
for the remnant of his inheritance?
He does not retain his anger forever,
because he delights in steadfast love.
He will again have compassion on us;
he will tread our iniquities underfoot.
You will cast all our sins
into the depths of the sea.
Micah 7:18-19

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i really love this. thanks so much for reminding all of us!!

Annecourager said...

Praise God, *He* forgets what we tend to hang on to and remember and agonize over. :) I was preaching myself a sermon - I'm so glad His word helped you too.

3boysmama said...

The last verse is the one we picked for Micah. When each kiddo was born we picked a verse for them; something that was written by their namesake. Its a good reminder for me to not remember my kids' wrong-doings... as my Heavenly Father does not!