Wednesday, February 23, 2005

"Tradition, Discipline and Rules..."

".......must be the tools--/Without them: Disorder! Anarchy! Moral Disintegration!/In short, you have a ghastly mess!"

Tonight was the monthly group piano class for the kids. We (David, Sammie and I) worked hard together on major chords: being able to spell them, find the right keys just so many half-steps apart, and marking them on the keyboards. Sammie prepared two pieces to play, as did David. We also read about/discussed the lives of Spanish composers Albeniz, Granados, and de Falla, and I even downloaded Spanish Dance No. 2 by Granados and burned it onto a CD to take to class.

I prepared dinner on time and we ate as a family.

Comes time to leave for class:
David: "I can't find any of my shoes! And my sandals have dog poop on them!"
Sammie: "Where is my music and my notebook with my homework?"
Erin: "Where is that @#!@*#$%R! (mental cursing only) CD I burned?!"

We were 5 min late for class. Sammie couldn't play her pieces, nor turn in her homework (she was crying). David came to class with bare feet.


I AM A FAILURE AS A MOTHER!!!

Oh yes, I am laughing about it now but I was doing a burn all night long. ALL THAT HARD WORK FOR WHAT?!

Geez lou EEZE.

So on the way home I made it perfectly clear: "No food, drink or tv ever again until 1) All of your shoes are in the shoe tower by the door, and 2) you have found every single music book and notebook."

It took 5 minutes. *smacking head* BUT NOOOOOO we couldn't find any of it beFORE class, oh no.

ugh.

Just got off the phone with Jennifer. She's lining us up a huge wedding cake for October: square stacked cake, fondant covered, with fondant bows and pearls. Serving about 265. Woohooo! Now I'd better get busy and get those fondant bows handled. The last bow I made, flopped utterly. But I was doing it just for fun then, not profit. This cake will bring in over $750 with the extra fondant work that needs doing. The reception will be at The Vault in Tacoma, a very nice place for a wedding reception. (Please don't have the cake near the dance floor or the entrance like the one we did last summer!)

I think I've calmed down enough now to be able to speak sweetly to the children.

Actually, earlier on I apologized to them both for being such a maniac and they very sweetly hugged and kissed me and forgave me. Now I just have to forgive myself. *rolling eyes*

They should be in bed and I should be reading a book. Halfway through The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes now. I pick off a few more cases most evenings I read, but I don't read every day.

I see that I've not responded to my personal question of yesterday, as to living and thinking being mutually exclusive.

I'm still thinking about my answer. :O)

No comments: