Monday, February 14, 2005

Unbelievable.

Amy is being deployed. She got called up yesterday to report to Ft. Jackson on Easter Sunday to mobilize and start on the long haul to Iraq.

Does the Army care that she is holding down the fort stateside whilst Andy has just begun his term in Iraq for a year?

Will they relent and let her stay until he gets home so their 5 kids are not deprived of BOTH parents?

It is hard to accept this as decent or right.

Ironically enough, I do support our troops and I am grateful for their sacrificing their lives--whether living or dying--but this is just too much to ask of a family. Both parents deployed at the same time, with 5 little ones at home (and one not even school aged)? Come on.

I am hoping and praying that Someone Somewhere in The Army will put her on the cut list, or whatever it's called.

Knowing how sick I feel about all this....I cannot even imagine what they are feeling right now.

I wish I lived closer so I could DO something more practical.

No comments: