Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wednesday: only one day until "Saturday"

It's true: Wednesday marks the end of the busy week; Thursday is my Saturday!

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, and Weds are my work week; between church and cleaning and teaching piano and taking piano.......Thurs is the first day I can breathe easy.

however, in practice for tomorrow I'm still sitting here in my pajamas. I should be dressed, but...

Yesterday while teaching I heard an ungodly screaming coming from the front yard. I truly thought somebody had a bone sticking through his/her skin, it was so shrill and loud.

On further examination, it was the little kid next door. He's the same age as David, but about 1 1/2 feet shorter, and a Napoleonic complex to boot. Apparently David had sneaked up on him in the bushes and surprised him/scared him. The kid completely freaked out, started throwing punches and then just screaming until his face was purple. I went back to teaching; let Andy figure it out. The kid's mom came and collected him I guess; then life went on as before.

I'm not thrilled about D and S playing with the kid next door, but kids are sparse in this neighborhood. And the kid next door has some huge family issues that are very difficult for a 7 yo to try to sort thru emotionally. So, we do the best we can, trying to be understanding with him, but at the same time instructing D/S that they should NOT accept verbal or physical abuse from the KND; just come home (or send KND home, depending).

OK I need to break away and finish up school. Puyallup School District has 1/2 day Wednesdays, so D and S need to be done with everything so I can kick them outside. Hey, it's sunny and 32ยบ so why not?! :)

No comments: