Thursday, February 03, 2005

Jello legs; noodle arms

I have been a good girl this week with working out every day, even if only for 30 minutes because of the busy schedule.

Well, since Thurs. is kindof a "breather" day for me....no lessons, regular time commitments, etc....I was able to catch a group exercise class @ Bally's called PowerFlex.

HA!!! It was a lifting/muscle building class. We used a series of free weights, hand weights, and isometric exercises that really burned. We started off with pushups (about 50) then went to bicep curls (again, about 50) then pressups with bar weights....then straight back to pushups again (oh lordy). Then we gave arms a break and did lunges and squats (with weights on our shoulders)--- we worked every major muscle group (and some minor ones too) and after 45 minutes I was shaking. I was so relieved to do crunches for the last 15 min. Even now if I raise my arms above shoulder level they feel weak and shaky. I know I will feel it tomorrow!

Tomorrow I can either do that cycling class again (which I really liked, though challenging) or wait one hour and do step aerobics, which I used to love, B.C. (Before Children).

The sun has been shining and it's been in the 50's here so the crocus are blooming and it feels springy. However, we're supposed to get some cold this weekend (the S word is in some forecasts) so it's only temporary. Still, was able to rake out some grass moss yesterday (def. not today with my arms in the shape they're in!) and pull weeds out of my front flowerbed. Kids were able to ride bikes outside, a great boon! I had to raise the seats on both kids' bikes. This will definitely be the last year on this bike for David with how tall he is.

It's my mom's birthday today and I'm wondering how to give her the gift she needs most of all: time away! With taking care of Grandma (90, opinionated and getting dementia) and dealing with Dad all the time (68 and sometimes irrationally quick-fused) I wonder she doesn't just tell both of them to go jump off a bridge. But she doesn't, is the wonder. Maybe I'll send her a gift certificate to the movies so she can go with some girlfriends. I originally thought certificates to a nice restaurant, but Andy pointed out that would be a gift for Dad, not Mom. :Op. He's probably right.

I'd better go for now and deal with the mounds of CLEAN (yes, clean!) laundry.

No comments: