Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grass and Dentists. Not sure how these relate.

There's nothing better than the smell of freshly-mown grass!

Ask me how I know.

Yep! I mowed the front lawn today. I'd put Scott's Weed and Feed on it about 2 weeks ago, and it greened right up and began growing like, well, a weed! The kids were kind enough to empty out the grass catcher for me onto the compost pile in the backyard.

I have regained my voice, mostly. It's not full-strength, but Lord willing by tomorrow night I should be able to sing in the first concert of the season. I will be packing some Ricola cough drops to suck on in between halves of the program!! I can't imagine trying to sing "The Last Words of David" at present, much less the two Handel pieces, but that's tomorrow night, so I'm not gonna worry!

S. had a trip to the dentist this afternoon. When she was in there a week ago for her cleaning, the dentist accidentally chipped out one of her fillings (it must have been loose). So the office and I scheduled her for a re-do *(for free, thank you) for this afternoon at two. We showed up on time, and presented ourselves to a new receptionist, who was rather scantily clad in a spaghetti-strap halter top that didn't leave much to the imagination. She could not find our appointment in the computer! But I had their handwritten card with the information written on it. Fortunately, I know several people in that office, and they worked Sammie in, despite the fact that our appointment seemed to have vanished into the mists of computer limbo.

Oh, and the dentist's name? Dr. Chu.

S. laughed about that all the way to Burger King ("Chu, CHEW, GET IT??!") , where she got her standard chocolate milk shake. If the kids have to have their teeth numbed, I let them have a milk shake, since they can't chew food until the numbness is gone. Therefore, going to the dentist is not such a bad thing...for them!

1 comment:

Annecourager said...

You know, in the whole vast medical racket, it's truly annoying that doctors will bill you over a piddly 10 pounds! (eep, I can't make the pound symbol!)