Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Menu

Since Thursday is my Saturday, rhetorically speaking, I prefer doing my grocery shopping today. So I've adjusted my menu accordingly. It's been a mental wrench: I'm used to seeing things listed out so clearly from Monday to Monday, when I used to shop. But as Life changes, the routines need to change as well.

It's rather silly- I got caught in this trap of, "if I can't shop on Monday, what's the point?" instead of tweaking my routines to fit my life. I know some other people would figure this out without too much trouble but it takes me a bit longer!

And here's a cool thing Audra tipped me off about: when you use Allrecipes, you can create menus and SHOPPING LISTS and print them off!! You can even add your own custom items to the list.

This is my second week doing it, and it's been a good thing, Martha Stewart!

So (fanfare- "ya ta ta TAAAAA~!") <-(think "Elmo's World")-- THE MENU:

Thursday: Enchiladas Verdes with Spanish rice and refried beans

Friday: Hamburgers
Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Saturday: Pizza with Italian sausage and mushrooms

Sunday: Leftovers (called "Tovers" by my family)

Monday: Slow-cooked Pork with a couple of indeterminate side dishes

Tuesday: Garlic chicken and rice

Wednesday: Whatever A. decides to make, it's his night :)

Thursday: Sweet and sour pork



This is the plan, anyway! Things often get moved around for the sake of convenience. At any rate, I highly recommend the "shopping list" feature at Allrecipes. I hope it remains a free service!

7 comments:

The Santimaw's said...

Hey, at least you have a menu planned out!! Mine consists of PB & J and chicken nuggets at the moment! Maybe that will change when Joe comes home and I will have to try the menu list from allrecipes, it's a great idea and a time saver.

3boysmama said...

have you tried saving dinner? I really like it; the menus are already planned out.

Hmmm, so I have to ask. why is thursday your saturday? Is it the day after payday? Does A have Thursday off work?? Enquiring minds, you know.

Annecourager said...

?!@ Lori? Is Joe in school again? or is he TDY?

Crystal---yeah, I have the book, I really do like it, but every once in a while I have to change up a bit so it doesn't get routine, KWIM?

Thursday is my Saturday because Sunday-Wednesday are the hugely busy days of church, teaching, evening time commitments, etc. On Thursdays I only have to teach my children, not others--and I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to go. ;O) So that's a break!

A. technically has Mondays off, but he has to watch kids in the morning and in the evening because of my schedule. Since his office is in the garage, and it's his haven, he just goes out there anyway to escape us all, regardless of whether he's working or not!

Sarah Joy said...

Wrong post, but LOVE THE SOCKS! I want to learn to knit someday. Your menue looks great. I'll have to check out that site, since I'm trying to organize my meals better.

Christy said...

I love Allrecipes, but didn't know about the shopping list feature. I can't wait to check it out!

Anonymous said...

here lies my greatest challenge in life (well, maybe not, but it's close)...learning to organize and eat healthy.

The Santimaw's said...

Yes, E, Joe is gone off to school again, so hence the PB & J and chicken nuggets. You know how much I cook when he is gone. It's more like which take-out menu do I choose from tonight. LOL!!!