Thursday, August 09, 2007

home again, home again, jiggety-jig

(the title idea was shamelessly stolen from Tammy- but it just fits, yanno?)

So.... we let the tarantula go.... and after driving through Sequoia, we were done. Ready to go home to Washington. We'll do Yosemite another trip.

Have photos to post, but I'll put them in one of those "slide" thingys that Lori always uses. Tomorrow.

I love the fact that Washington is GREEN. Well, western Washington. The landscape plants looked lovely with Mr. Jones' careful tending of them in our absence... well, I'd say they looked even better than if we had stayed HERE, I think. He's Mr. Detail Guy. That's a polite way of putting it.

So I'm enjoying the remaining bits of summer... organizing and cleaning house (Flylady zone right now is the kitchen, so I'm jumping in where she is and having a good time, 15 minutes at a time) - mentally preparing for teaching in another 4 weeks, and relaxing as I go. My parents are now visiting US. That was poorly planned....spend two weeks in CA, just for CA to come spend two weeks with us? Duh. space it out a bit!

While on the phone with my friend Jane tonight (who is a medical doctor) - A. came to me and mentioned that Dad had been dealing with side pain all day, and now had a blotchy rash/blisters in that area. Her over the phone diagnosis is shingles, and get him to the doctor tomorrow morning ASAP to get him on antiviral meds. I can't wait to see if she's right. That sounds weird though.... sorry for dad, because shingles are downright painful, on top of everything else he's been dealing with - but proud of my friend who can diagnose disease over the phone-- that's just cool.

Okay. With that bit of twisty weirdness, I'm going to bed. Photos later. Big ol' herkin' trees.

2 comments:

3boysmama said...

Hmm, was it shingles? I had shingles when I was prego with Micah. It went away by itself, it was a mild case.

Hope he is better soon!

Annecourager said...

Thankfully it was NOT shingles, but some fungal dermatitis thing. He has to sit around in shorts and put on goo to make it go away. This will be very convenient for traveling by train...not.

And in other news, I have pinkeye in both my eyes, and S. got an ear infection. So half of us are lying around battling bacteria and virii.