Sunday, January 30, 2005

Comfortably numb

Sunday and my nose is still plugged, but not as badly. Because of my good workout yesterday, I awoke alert and refreshed, a pleasant change. Didn't even need a cuppa!

Because it's the last Sunday of the month, there's no Children's Church. However, Amy S. usually plays on the last Sunday, but she's out of town, so I had to play piano instead of sit with my kids. Jan and Leo did "grandparent duty," however, and I had brought plenty of paper and pencils for them to occupy the time.

Immediately following the morning service I had a meeting with the ladies who are interested in being on "Service Teams" (I don't think we had these when you were here) - basically they do the food and decor for any special event, as well as provide meals when there is illness, new baby, death, etc. There were about 18 people who showed up, very nice number, easy to split things up that way.

On the way home from church, Sammie told me that she and Nicholas P. were so hungry following the service that they betook themselves into the kitchen, where the two of them devoured the remainders of the Lord's Supper! I had a good laugh over that. Grape juice and crackers, mmMMmmm.

Then came The Long Afternoon of Recitals, immediately followed by choir practice. Only three people including myself were there, so we worked up a trio for 2 weeks away and called it good. Then I took D/S home. Dee B. is sick tonight so there's no kids' program--- so I decided that I might just as well take the kids and call it a day.

What exercise class to go to tomorrow?? Aqua Fitness? (boring, imho) Intro to Yoga? or Step and Sculpt? but that's a 5:45 am calss. noooo. I think an evening class may be better. There's a power yoga in the evening, as well as a reaction cycling, and something called "powerflex" but I'll have to look at Bally's web site to see what that is.

I am not making sense to myself; I pity you for reading this.
Later!

No comments: