Friday, January 21, 2005

Prostate trouble

I forgot to say that I'm currently dealing with my insurance company, doctor's office, and LabCorp. I received a note from HealthNet that a particular charge on my account had been denied, and that I would have to pay for it. Date of service 12-16-2003.
I called the doctor's office. I was never IN on 12-16-2003.
I checked with LabCorp. The $76.25 charge is for a prostate test.

I think I'll win this one, don't you?

Last night I went out to Ross because I have ONE pair of pants and ONE pair of jeans. I bought only one pair of pants because all the others had leather and chains on them and S/M just isn't "me."

While I was there I bumped into a former student and her mother, who was my teaching colleague, dear friend, cohort in crime, and general all around favorite bit of team teaching: Anne! We talked until the store closed (I did try things on and make a purchase; see above) and then we made those indefinite, noncommital plans that we all make: "Let's get together soon and have coffee!" Whereby we absolve our consciences that we mean well and intend to get together, but we never actually have to do it. I will probably see her again in another 2 years and make the same meaningless plans.

Do I sound jaded?

See previous post for possible explanation.







No comments: