Sunday, January 23, 2005

"You give me fever..."

Today was a typical Sunday. Alarm went off too early (just the right time, actually, but still too early for me) and Andy and I fumbled our way around getting ready for church. Went in to check on David, who mumbled and said, "I'm sick." Because he says this 4 out of every 5 Sunday mornings when it's time to get up, I didn't put much stock in it.

Sammie is the morning person in our family. She was up and ready to go before I was, only needing a brush run through her follicles.

Because David moaned and mumbled so long about having to get up, he was cold, etc., Andy and Sammie went ahead without us. David and I followed behind 10 minutes later.

Church was fine, and when I reunited with the kids following the morning service, David was flushed and snurgley-nosed. So he really wasn't kidding this morning when he said he was sick! *GUILT* I got him home and took his temp: 100.9º *sigh*

I made arrangements to leave immediately following 5:30 choir practice (I'm the director) so David wouldn't infect all the other kids at church this evening. David enjoyed a nice quiet evening watching TV and taking a long bath. I made grilled cheese sandwiches and popcorn for our new Sunday evening tradition of having a picnic on a blanket in the living room.

When Andy and Sammie got home from evening Bible study, Sammie was complaining about her neck and shoulder hurting/aching. My suspicions aroused, I grabbed the thermometer. 100.6º . Tylenol and bed for both kids. I plan to leave my bedroom door open tonight to hear any midnight cries.

Peace and quiet reigns!
Oh the joy!

No comments: