Monday, April 09, 2007

Stayin' Alive

Meh. I fell off the earth! Last week was spring break and I Had Plans. Plans to get that front bathroom finished Once And For All.


Okay, so it's half finished. We were blessed and surprised when Audra's hubby Matt came over and put up new plywood, 2x4's and installed a new window. (We were planning to do this ourselves--actually Andy was, heh)-- so then we had to wait for the flooring plywood, which we now have. All Andy needs to do is put it in place, pour a leveler over it, put the tub back in place (cast iron, a real bugger to move---just like in the master bathroom remodel we did a few years back where Richard helped move that one... oy!)----then insulate, sheetrock, do the tub enclosure, and redo the laminate floors.


Yeah, I wanted it done during spring break when I wasn't teaching anything. Now my participation will be limited to Saturdays. BUT. I am not complaining!! The water damage was not as great as we had feared.


Meanwhile, D has gotten glasses. He is mildly farsighted, and the optometrist wants to try glasses for a year to see if it will help. I invested the extra $$ in the flexible titanium frames, not realizing that within 14 days their flexibility would be put to the test~!


See, we went to the park on Good Friday. It was 77ยบ and gorgeous out. While at the park, a ranting, angry man was arrested; a biting Canada goose was carted away by animal patrol (S was a victim), we saw a bald eagle wheeling and soaring overhead, and BEST OF ALL, D. caught a frog AND got his glasses stepped on by some overeager kid.


Here's the frog - with S and D, glasses PRE-stepping:


I am grateful that Costco's optical department got these back into their rightful shape after the trouncing they received. Not a happy camper, I was. (Yoda) Lori tells me that Pearle Vision has some warranty deal for kids' glasses that I will def. look into if D. continues to need glasses after this year. The kid is hard on stuff.

Hm, what else? Life has been moving along and I've not been blogging, as you see! Trying to get my focus back where it should be. I've baked some cakes, had a tree taken down, gone shopping at the mall (you have no idea how big a deal that is, I NEVER SHOP THE MALL), made Easter dinner a day early, and stayed up with a kid who had a bad dream.

Yep, it's normal around here.
How's things with you all? I think I'd better go and read up on your lives.


2 comments:

3boysmama said...

I wish costco had the titanium frames in Micah's size. Pearle vision is WAYYYY more expensive, just so you know. They better have a guarantee! I think Micah's bifocals were 350 there and 130 at Costco. For that price you can buy 2 at costco! You should check out Fred's. I glanced in there, the prices looked comparable to costco AND they take insurance.

Anonymous said...

busy/crazy for my life (but probably not as bad as yours). I wish it was 77 here. It's been way too cold. They say snow tonight. Ick.