Monday, April 23, 2007

Truth in advertising?

...or rather, appearance v. reality! The link above compares the advertising photos of some popular fast foods with actual photos of what you bring home. Delightful!

Real life sure looks drab when compared to Bright Shiny Yummy Photos!


Our Chapter's piano adjudications just finished up this weekend. Select piano students prepared and memorized two pieces from different time periods (or in younger students, pieces that contrast in style: fast/slow; major/minor, etc.) - and presented them to a master teacher, Dr. Leonard Richter from Walla Walla College. S. took part in it, although she was not selected as an honors student this year. I think she's okay with that--she knows she hasn't been putting a lot of effort into her studies recently; not enough to be in the honors recital.

The Daffodil Parade was on Saturday. We didn't go. I had fully intended to watch it on TV later but I forgot. (doh!) I had three students marching in it, too! *sigh*

Okay... off to start the week. Must get D. to the WASL exam. Only today (math) and Wednesday (writing) left, woohoo!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oooh, I can't stand Arby's. BLECK. =) That was pretty interesting to see the comparison! If they took pictures of how stuff really looked, no one would buy it!

Anonymous said...

okay...commenting before I read article...but I have heard that they use some stuff that isn't really food when creating those advertisments. Just to make it look shiny and good. I guess I should read article now...