Saturday, April 28, 2007

More projects than I can shake a knitting needle at

A. observed this morning that I had 3 knitting projects going and was about to embark on a fourth.

Me, thinking: "so??"

I'm just about finished with a scarf (decorative) made out of a ribbony-type yarn--well, I guess it's not truly yarn, is it? It's made in Italy and has green, gold and purple in it. Shiny. I can finish this off in an afternoon. (I'm not a fast knitter, ok?)

I'm finishing up the second sock of S's pair of pinky red purply stripey socks made of Regia "crazy color" yarn. Currently on the heel flap. I can get this done in the next week if I do a little bit every day.

I'm still working on a baby blanket for some unknown child recipient. I don't think I will ever make a full-sized afghan because just a baby blanket is taking so long!!

AND--I went to the Lamb's Ear yesterday and got the requisite supplies for A's Christmas sweater. yes, I'm starting it now, to get it ready in time, I hope. See paragraph #3 above.

Meanwhile, it's a yummy, sunny day and I'm sitting here dinking on the puter while the kids watch Godzilla. Must get in gear to accomplish the day's tasks. S. still needs to finish her schoolwork!!!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, you can't ever have too many projects going at once! You need a project or two that are easier, one that is a little more challenging, and one that takes a while to complete! =)

I just met with a friend today and got yarn to make a new project with!

Tammy said...

Something else...over at my blog you posted about wondering if your yarn store has Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn. My sister ordered it from their online store, here's the address: Lorna's Laces. I love so many of the color combinations they have!

Annecourager said...

ooh, I just checked out Lorna's Laces.... and they have a list of stores that carry their stuff!! And yes, Lamb's Ear is one of them! :) But currently they're out of the color you used. Sniff. That's okay though, I have to make D his pair of socks next. I must be fair around here with the knitting of gifts!! I figure sometime next year I'll make myself another pair of socks. Or maybe a shell/sweater, IF the Andy thing goes well. I've already ripped it out to the beginning once. (I'm still learning how to read patterns and I goofed it up!)

Anonymous said...

I love the Godzilla film! It's grrrrrrreeeat (as the great advertising tiger would say).

Enjoy your knitting :)

Christy said...

This is apparantly not the time for me to be knitting (although I have great aspirations to knit us all our Christmas stockings). I'm engrossed enough in just trying to get all four of us and our necessities from one country to the other without adding knitting projects...I'm confident that "to everything there is a season", and one day I'll be able to pick up the needles again.

Oh yeah, I started a baby blanket for my first son (now 3 1/2), and NEVER finished it. I decided I probably wouldn't knit a blanket again. But I did knit him a cute little sweater before he turned two. It was a great and easy pattern. Knitting from the top down, so you don't have to stitch anything on later.

3boysmama said...

I htought I left this comment yesterday....hmm.

I guess I better learn to knit since "everbody's doing it". =)

You should check out my latest blog entry. ;)

Annecourager said...

Christy dahling, don't worry about knitting Christmas stockings. :) Moving from Cali to Bali and back again is rather amazing to do on a regular basis.

Crystal...only if it sounds interesting to you! :) I had no plans to learn to knit; it was my kids who wanted to learn. So my friend Audra showed them, and in the process I got hooked. But it would be good for you to do some booties, no?