Tuesday, October 10, 2006

golden watermelon

Eeeeek! I just checked my receipt from yesterday's grocery shopping excursion. I had S. with me, and I usually let her pick out a piece of fruit to buy (instead of candy) to enjoy as we drive around.

Well yesterday she chose a watermelon. :) So I said, "sure, why not?" and we tossed it (Carefully) in the cart.

I did not pay attention while checking out. That watermelon was seedless, cost $.69 a pound, and weighed 15. 9 lbs!

Doing the math for you: That was a $10.97 piece of fruit!!!!

We will be treating this watermelon as gold, yesss precioussssss.



...and I will be looking at prices before buying ~!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow...that's one expensive watermelon!!!

3boysmama said...

So wait, I'm picturing S eating a piece of fruit while you are shopping? is that what you meant by driving around? HOw do you pay for it?

Annecourager said...

yeah, that didn't come across right, did it? What I meant was, they pick it out, I buy it, then they eat it on the way to our next shopping destination.

Annecourager said...

EGADS! I am not communicating well!!! ROFL!

Karen, I guess I should have said that USUALLY they eat the fruit on the way to the next destination. But in the case of watermelon....uh, no!! That would be messy!

What they usually pick is a banana or a pear, something like that!! Watermelon was an unusual request from S. so I figured why not?

But no, we didn't eat it in the car!

I need to doublecheck my posts before hitting "publish" !!

Anonymous said...

That's ok, we're all a little DEE DEE DEE.

3boysmama said...

Its okay I've many a time of failure to communicate effectively during an email. That should be an acronym.

I also have to credit you for my latest blog post. (see the end of it)

Annecourager said...

I can't resist.

FailurE to Communicate Effectively and Sequentially: FECES




okay... I probably should have resisted.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

No good deed goes-----. You know the line.