Friday, October 20, 2006

The latest Snopes

Recently I was all fired up about forwarded email messages that were hoaxes.

This morning I received yet another one--about how to beat an email worm (should you happen to get one - update daily, my dears) by having the email address aaaaaaa@aaa.aaa in your address book. Since worms supposedly go in alphabetical order, the first email would bounce, and thereby cause the worm to stop emailing all the rest of your real friends.


Again, a hoax.


Your PSA for the weekend. Cheers, all!

2 comments:

Annecourager said...

Ah, and this morning I received Tammy's favorite email blight:

"IF YOU LOVE JESUS, SEND
THIS TO THE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO BLESS,
INCLUDING THE PERSON WHO SENT IT TO YOU!"



......................uh, NO!


This is akin to a preacher milking his congregation for feedback by saying: "And all God's people said??"

Thereby implying that if you don't say "AMEN" then you must not be one of God's people.

I refuse to say AMEN under those circumstances. Perhaps I'm being rebellious? I just don't like cued amens. Too much like a performance. I've had too much of that in my American Christian sub-culture.

Okay, sermonette over with. It's Saturday! Much to do before I can watch the World Series!

Annecourager said...

Aaaaahahahaha!


I must do a better job of making things perfectly clear!!! :) :)