Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sweeet!

My mom-in-law calls this afternoon, hyperventilating:

"I GET TO GO TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!"

She's leaving Seattle on Saturday morning; arriving at the Detroit airport I-don't-know-when; is being picked up by my brother-in-law; and they are going straight to Tiger Stadium. Comerica Park. Whatever.

To quote Napoleon Dynamite: "Luckyyyyyyyyyy!!"


Other odds 'n' ends - piano player for South Sound Classical Choir couldn't make it last night. He emailed the backup piano player, who either didn't get his message, or didn't get it in TIME, because she was in Leavenworth. So guess who found out she was playing third-string piano a mere hour before rehearsal?

At least I didn't have time to work myself up into a nervous, barfing wreck. It went okay. And of course, the choir members were kind to me.

Today we took a field trip to the Seattle Aquarium. I love to watch the sea otters and moon jellies; kids liked the tide pools where you could touch the sea cucumbers, sea urchins, stars, etc. Parts of it were under construction so not everything was available.

After the aquarium we ate lunch at Red Robin. Woot! Haven't been there in ages. We used to take the youth group there on Sunday nights sometimes, just because their french fries have free refills. I was good this time; I had a chicken caesar wrap. Now I need to go to DWLZ to find out how many Weight Watchers points that really was!

Taught a new student this afternoon. He's new to the area and a transfer student. We will have to do some serious review. He's in a method book that I have (over time) determined I do not like AT ALL, so I'll be moving him to one I do. His former teacher seems like she took a rather "whatever" approach, so he has tons of books that he can't really play from well at all. Very nice family.

And since we ate out this afternoon, dinner tonight was on the light side of things. A. ate a bowl of grape nuts, declaring that to be his supper. I made grilled cheese sandwiches for the rest of us.

Now this evening, piano, knitting, and relaxing.

OVERALL, A GREAT DAY! :)

5 comments:

3boysmama said...

Micah loves the aquarium. Let me know next time you're up and we'll meet you! Its a hop skip and jump for us!

Annecourager said...

I would have, if we didn't have A's mom visiting with us!!

When was the last time you went to the Woodland Park Zoo?

Anonymous said...

"Now I need to go to DWLZ to find out how many Weight Watchers points that really was!"

You're doing weight watchers too huh??? The wifes doing that and has lost about 50lbs over the last year...

I noticed that the two of you were looking pretty trim when I stopped by.. what ever you're doing, it's working!

Annecourager said...

Thanks, Richard! Actually, 3 years ago I lost 65 lbs doing WW. And it has slowly crept back - not all of it, but too much for my comfort! So I'm going back to the basics of what worked before: writing down what each thing is worth, and stopping when I've hit the limit.

And eating those Quaker mini rice cakes ;). Popcorn is very useful too, sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

Anonymous said...

"And eating those Quaker mini rice cakes ;). Popcorn is very useful too, sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter."

That sounds like what Ruth does... also, she buys a veggie platter at fred's so she doesn't have to cut it up herself and munchs on that when she gets hungry.
I can't stand to eat veggies so I'm doomed to have to beat myself up at the gym every night. but hey, at leats I can curl 150 lbs (once, and with both arms:-))