Saturday, December 16, 2006

Blog Worlds Collide

So Crystal and Aaron and crew stopped over today on their way back north - D and S were ready to play and sure enough, soon after Micah came in, he asked, "Where's the toys??" (it was too cute) .

And of course we had to have pictures. Sorry about the backlighting. Here's the happy nuclear Microsoft family:

And one of the two bloggers:
Note to self: pictures don't lie. I'd better get my sorry carcass back to Bally's, and fast. (Ha! "fast" indeed!! )

So Crystal and I were talking about just how who knows who, and how did we all end up on each other's blogrolls, etc. It's just a small world, is all! :) I read all her friends' blogs and let me tellya, she knows some interesting people.. Or at least they can take a boring story and make it interesting!! ;)

So for those of you who are wondering just how I fit into Crystal's life... she was in my husband's youth group when I first moved out here to WA. She was the yearbook editor, the pianist for Norselanders (HS jazz ensemble), and the resident Vulcan of the youth group. ;) I sang a solo at her wedding to Aaron when I was T H I S B I G pregnant with Number One Son. And, we have taken piano lessons from the same lady.

It's Christmas time, and former youth groupies are coming home to WA to visit. Be prepared for "Blog Worlds Collide - part deux" !!


oooo, secrets, yesss preciousss

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I love the blogging world and how we all know eachother, but don't know eachother at all. Tweedygirl has written me e-mails saying, WHO IS ERIN? To which I reply, HECK IF I KNOW. :)

But that isn't you with crystal in the picture, is it? I am so confused? Don't you have blonde hair and blue eyes?

Annecourager said...

LOL I'm just a person who bloghops from friends' blogs to other friends' blogs...etc. Susan has a great perspective on life and she makes me think about things in a different way. But I have no idea who she is, other than that she went to Biola (I think?) and Crystal tells me you all went to the same church in So Cal.

Be confused. That is me in the picture with Crystal. My blog avatar is my actually my daughter, who got ahold of my digital camera one day with that shot being the result. :D

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh HAAAA! and the picture comes into full view. i was wondering how crystal was in your 'husband's youth group', and so i thought you were married to someone exponentially older than you!! :) LOL. those youth pastors are SUCH cradle robbers.

Annecourager said...

[G]Yes, my husband IS older than me (7 years) - then again, I am older than Crystal by 3 or 4 years. I'd just graduated from college when I moved to WA.

Anonymous said...

I think Crystal is 3 years older than me??? OK, I wasn't saying you are old, just to be clear. Ee ghads. Just that my old youth pastor is now in his mid 50s so I was envisioning you and your hubby like 20 years difference! :)

3boysmama said...

So funny that susan didn't just ask me who you were!

Now, just for the record I'm only 2 years older than karen. I graduated in 92 (so that we don't give away ages...)

And, wanted to say your children are so adorable. S is a real beauty! A should get out the shotgun now, just to be prepared for all those boys lining up!

Anonymous said...

hahaha Just saw all these. =) I didn't ask Crystal because I got confused as to who Erin "belonged" to.... Karen or Crystal since she's on both blogrolls.

What a silly blog world!