Saturday, December 16, 2006

"You can borrow brains...

...but you can't borrow character." That's what Dr. Bob Jones, Senior, was once quoted as saying.

So in the spirit of "Borrowing Brains" --or in this case, IDEAS -- I'm going to post my weekly menu here. That way I can feel free to completely disregard it or move meals around as necessary!

Sunday Dec. 17- LEFTOVERS

Monday Dec. 18- Ham sandwiches on ciabatta bread
Baked Macaroni and cheese
Overnight salad
Banana pudding

Tuesday Dec. 19- Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Larry arrive!! That is, if AMTRAK gets them here on time... >:O|
Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Green beans

Wednesday Dec. 20 - Andy makes dinner.

Thursday Dec. 21- Company Casserole (yep, because COMPANY IS COMING)
Filet Mignon and caviar (ha ha, that's what Hank said he wanted. HA HA HA.)
Salad brought by Lavonne
Garlic bread
Fruit dip and/or chocolate fondue with apple slices, clementines, grapes, strawberries, pound cake and shortbread

Friday Dec. 22 - Eggrolls
Stir-fry noodles or rice with vegetables

Saturday Dec. 23 - Pizza and salad

Sunday Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve! Leftovers, likely ;) - a fancier-than-usual smorgasbord in the evening with shrimp cocktail, smoked oysters, sliced pears and apples, and crackers and brie.

Monday Dec. 25 - Christmas Day!!
Roast Beast or Pork or Turkey (we need to have a family discussion about this!)
Broccoli Casserole
Baked potato
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie


This doesn't take into account any trips to Buca di Beppo or the Outback Steakhouse that my dad might want to make. :) But it's a start.

Oh, and I can't forget to get the Little Smokies sausages for Christmas morning.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Your menu sounds good...Thursday especially. ;-) What time are we supposed to arrive?

3boysmama said...

ahhhhh... seeing that Christmas is a week from tomorrow is making me verrrry nervous! Oh well! Christmas gifts may be late. We have no power and maybe not until Wed or Thursday!!! Company comes Saturday!!! But what can you do?? So, I may be invading your house again as we are going to my dad's tomorrow until we get power back.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, what is 'roast beast', I imagine you cooking up the wilderbeast, lol.
Sarah (Mrs Blythe)

Christy said...

I loved reading you menu! Christmas seems so far away in this very warm weather and it is good to know that others are still having the traditional holiday fun! Have fun with your family and eat lots of turkey/ham/roast beast for me!

Annecourager said...

Tammy--- not a clue. Show up around 5:30 or 6 and we can chitchat.

Crystal--anytime! :)

Sarah--You need to watch The Grinch cartoon :) I have taken to calling roast beef "roast beast" because of that book/movie.

Christy-- are you going to have turkey jaffles for Christmas>? lol do tell!! share some Bali traditions with me!

Christy said...

Right now Christmas is confined to the store-fronts and the Christmas trees in the restaurants. I'm sure we'll do something fun - turkey jaffles sound good! I'll let you know.