Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Nutcracker: Sweeeet!

This morning we had our last music teachers' meeting of the year. We had a tea/brunch, then played duets and solos from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite. Nyaho was there at the beginning but had to leave (yes, I did have a lesson with him and it was good). I played in a flute trio for "Dance of the Reed Flutes" and it was rather fun all around.

This afternoon did some grocery shopping as a family whilst storm and wind and rain pummeled us on the outside. AND I went to the library for the first time in months! (I am not going to make my Newbery goal this year. But perhaps in 2007.) Instead of going for books primarily, I went to the CD's and got some Madrigal Songs by a group from Cambridge directed by Rutter; Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1; Thelonious Monk (jazz pianist) and Don Byron (clarinet). How's that for diverse genres? Not sure yet about this Don Byron; I really liked "Bug Music" but this CD's starting off a little odd.


For dinner tonight: Feijoada ! yummm. Pronounced "fay ZHWAH dah" - it's a Brazilian dish with black beans and sausage. I serve it over rice. Got the recipe from a Brazilian's wife, so it's good and presumably authentic.

D has been feeling under the weather and I'm a little run down myself. Fortunately I don't have any commitments the rest of this week except school.

Kids are complaning of hunger (bottomless pits!) so I must tend to the rice and feijoada. Ciao.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, yes, I do believe it is February! I received a Christmas card from the O's today.

3boysmama said...

ummm...feeling a little left out. We didn't get one in feb or now. =(

Annecourager said...

Oh Crystal, I'm sorry!! That's because I haven't gone over to evite yet to harvest your address. I knew there was something I'd forgotten to do! *making self a note*

3boysmama said...

that's okay...just wanted to make you feel guity. =) I haven't even started on cards yet. You're one way ahead of me! I'll email you my zip.

So what are the jacobsen's kids up to?? I was in school with ned.