Monday, December 11, 2006

To play or not to play

Tomorrow morning I have the oppty to have a lesson with Dr. William Chapman Nyaho. He's a wonderful person, and a fabulous pianist. He's filling in for Dr. Jacobson whilst she's in Australia visiting her daughter & co.

But I've not practiced well!! Do I want to go tomorrow and pay money to embarrass myself, or do I still go, suck it up, and learn what I can regardless??

I see the problem here: I don't want him to think ill of me, when I have such a high regard for him. You see? FEAR OF MAN.

THEREFORE, I will suck it up, and go.

Tonight I have a choir party. We finished our Christmas concerts last Saturday night and tonight we turn in our music, as well as celebrate. It's a dark, stormy, windy, rainy night, but I'm gonna go. I put some leftover soups in the crock pot - so Proverbs 31 of me~! - so the family will be provided for in my absence. I've made ham, pickle, cream cheese rollups with olives for horse-doovers (you know, I don't know how to really spell that word and I'm too lazy to go to M-W.com right now to look it up) - and all I need to do is put on some festive lookin' clothing and out the door I go!




Sigh..... A. just walked into the bedroom and made the following statement:

"Just for future reference....the crock pot works much better when you plug it in."



*evaporation of Proverbs 31 ideals* -

ah well, a choir-partying I go. That's why there's microwaves.


Can't Stop Eatin' These Horse-Doovers Recipe:
  • thin-sliced deli ham, blotted dry on a paper towel
  • softened nonfat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
  • dill pickles, halved or speared (depending on diameter)
  • olives, your choice of black or green
  • frilly toothpicks
Spread cream cheese on ham. Put a spear of pickle at the end of the ham. Roll up, slice in 1" segments. Stick a frilly toothpick through an olive, then into one of the ham/pickle sections.

I can't stop eating these! I ran out of olives and just made the ham/cream cheese/pickle spears and it's still great.

Family is distraught that I'm leaving with 72 of these for the choir members but none for them. Will have to make more later (I bought 2 packages of the toothpicks :) )

2 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL @ "horse-doovers". That's too funny! When I was little, I asked my dad what "whores da vores" were. He laughed about that one for quite a while.

Annecourager said...

THAT is funny!! Whores da vores. David just came up asking what I'm laughig my head off about... of course I'm not telling!! lol