Thursday, June 15, 2006

Shutting up!

Argh!!!!


I love the book of James.



I hate the book of James.



(Does this sound like the beginning of A Tale of Two Cities? )

Righ now I'm studying chapter three. YOU know. That one about.... the tongue? That restless evil, full of deadly poison? That flame of fire, set aflame by the fires of hell?

And guess who is having to do a whole lot of tongue-chewing lately (and should be doing much more, I'm sorry to say).

It's the kids. I must must must be more patient with them. They are CHILDREN. They will not get it right the first time, all the time.

There is one who speaks rashly, like the thrusts of a sword;[oh no!!] but the tongue of the wise brings healing.


Or how about this one - especially convicting, since I put my Bible study book down in shame and irritation, and decided to read Proverbs instead ---hmmm, today is June 15, so let's go to Proverbs 15! Great idea!

But I, pursued by the Hound of Heaven, saw written there, plain as day: A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Take my own medicine, I should -(that sounds like Yoda!) - If I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE....


....Shutting up.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Why is the tongue so HARD to control??? My!

Christy said...

Please, you have four dedicated readers, at least. I thoroughly enjoy your insights to books, children, homeschooling, etc. Thank you for letting me "closet-read".

Annecourager said...

lol joysnatcher! I enjoy bloghopping and "closet reading" too-- I just haven't had the time lately. Thanks for commenting.