Monday, August 14, 2006

Prayer Needed

I never know how many people actually read this blog, but I know some of you are fellow believers in Christ, and can pray for this situation.

We received an email this morning from Amy, a former church member who moved last summer with her family to Idaho. Her grandfather (an unbeliever) had a massive heart attack. So Jim and Debbie (Amy's parents) flew back to Michigan to be with grandpa. James, Amy's brother, also flew out to see grandpa. From here on out I'll let Amy tell in in her own words (from her email):

On last Friday my grandpa Bliss had a massive heart attack and they transported him to the hospital and he had another one. They weren't sure he was going to make it so my parents got on a plane to Michigan. My Brother James also wanted to go so he flew out Sat. Well for right now my grandpa is stable but still not out of the woods. So please pray for his recovery!

Now for the second part. James arrived on Sat. afternoon and his best friend Aaron picked him up from the airport. They went to Aarons house and picked up his wife, and 3 kids. They were on their way to the hospital to see my grandpa and a drunk driver in a pick up truck hit them head on. Aaron's 3 month old baby was thrown from the minivan and killed instantly. James was pinned in the car but was able to tear out the dash and bust open his door. Angie, the mom, was histerical and James went looking for the baby. He found her across the street and handed her to a Nurse that was on her way to work. He went back and helped Angie get the other 2 kids out. Then he went back to comfort Aaron who was knocked unconcious and stuck in the car. Then James collapsed because he had injuries himself. They used the jaws of life to get Aaron out. They had to do surgery on Aaron, but his injuries were too severe and he also died. James has a broken knee, broken collar bone, fractured his neck, and has possibly broken his elbow. He might have to have surgery, before he can come back to boise, on his neck. He is in a neck brace and will have to remain in one for 16 weeks, and will have to wear the knee immobilizer for 16-18 weeks. We just PRAISE GOD HE IS ALIVE!! They said that nobody in the minivan should have live. Aaron and Angie's 2 other kids are fine, and angie has a broken neck also, a lacerated liver, and did have internal bleeding. So please pray for all of them. Angie has lost her husband and 3 month old baby girl. She really needs our prayers!! Please be praying for James and Tawnya [James' wife] too. Tawnya is still here and waiting to see what they are going to do. She will be flying out if they are going to do surgery. We are all devestated about this and Aaron was a very close family friend. If anyone would like to contact James he is at McClearn hospital in Flint Michigan. He is in Room 825. Angie is at Hurley hospital but I don't know what room or anything. If anyone would like her address to send cards let me know. Thank you for all your prayers.

Love to you all,
Amy


My heart is full for these people. If you feel so led, please pray for them. The "connectedness" of the WWW makes it possible for literally thousands of believers to pray for other believers, so pass the word. I know if I were in Angie's place, I would need all the prayer support I could get.

God bless.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I was informed of this yesterday - my family and my church are all praying for these folks!!!

3boysmama said...

So sad, this makes my heart hurt as Angie and I share the same name of our husbands.

Will be praying with my Aaron.