Wednesday, September 06, 2006

playing catch-up

Sometimes I get all set to post here and think, "omigosh, I've got too much to say, I don't have time to say all that!!" and fail to post anything. So, in the true Flylady spirit, I'm taking babysteps and posting just a little bit at a time to get all caught up!

First and foremost, school has started again, and along with it, piano lessons. I had one lesson yesterday and four today. (Parents are easing into the schedule). And I taught my own two kids last Thursday, yesterday, and...NOT TODAY! :) A. graciously offered to help teach the kids since my figurative plate-spinning has doubled up now that it's September. He'll cover History and Art with the kiddoes. I get everything else. WOOHOO!

Chewelah was a fun but tiring trip. Everything's on "maƱana time" over there at my dear friend's house. Breakfast at 11, lunch at 3, dinner at 9. Bedtime? Whenever. Kids got to ride horses (must get pics from Audra), feed (and get pecked by) chickens, swim in the lake down the road from the farm, and sleep out in the tent for two glorious, chilly nights.

Fun story: In the dark hours of the night, a horse whinnied near the tent. And my dear darling D announced that that wasn't a REAL horse--it was the GHOST of a horse who died on the farm last year! Which sent the other two kids into the freaks. Mission accomplished.

Jennifer made some Sneaky Apple Pie with a monstrous zucchini. Her garden is going gangbusters and I plowed through a pint of cherry tomatoes before I knew what I was doing. And, surprisingly, my mouth didn't feel raw afterwards! They were SO sweet and tasty.

The six-hours drive back to Puyallup on Sunday afternoon needed a coffee break inserted somewhere around Ellensburg so we could make it home in one piece. Kids and I slept VERY soundly and had a refreshing Labor Day.

Tonight after piano lessons, we ate a lovely dinner prepared by my husband (Spanish Rice), and got ready for our first ever Kids 4 Truth Club meeting, and the beginning of the Ladies' Bible Study (doing Dr. Berg's Quieting a Noisy Soul. Back to back! :) Kids are excited about the club, and it went pretty well. We're covering The Bible for the next six weeks, and tonight we learned the Key Truth: The Bible is the only book that is God's Word to us.

OK, baby steps accomplished. More later! and photos too!

No comments: