Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

What will you be doing for Thanksgiving this year? We will be having two couples over, and one single woman will drop by after she's off work (double time and a half, can't pass that up!!).

I don't have to make the turkey this year!! So I'm making the bread for the stuffing (let's hear it for bread makers, woot), and last night I put together the green bean casserole so all I need to do is put it in the oven. Tomorrow afternoon I'll do potatoes.

Oh. Pies. I'd better do some of those too. S. wants to make "Fruity Graham Cracker Mix," a recipe she has invented. She's been hounding me to make graham crackers so she can do this.


Her recipe is as follows: grind up graham crackers, mix with some vanilla yogurt, and add berries. Mix well and serve for dessert.

I will have her and D. help me make pumpkin pies this afternoon when I'm done teaching. (sigh)I tried to move all my students to Monday and Tuesday afternoons so I could have today off, but it was a no go for three of them. And they're all spread out throughout the afternoon, not in a nice neat little chunk! ah well.

Okay, question.....centerpieces. Are they NECESSARY, or do they just get in the way of the food? I think they look lovely and all - but my experience has been that they're just frou frou to make you look more like Martha Stewart. AND they get in the way of the food.

I'm willing to be educated by other more worthy women on this topic....especially if it's easy and cheap.

Okay! off to get the day going! :) Don't become so "Martha-ish" today and tomorrow that you forget to be a Mary!

Those words are for me as well. Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry...absolutely no help when it comes to this sort of stuff. although, I did make a peach pie for the first time. we'll see tomorrow if it really turned out all right. then ham, green been casserole, and potatoes. that about sums it up.

3boysmama said...

I agree... centerpieces take up room where food should be !! =)I think they just get in the way. I like them on the table beforehand, though!

We're going to my Dad's for the big meal, maybe we'll stop by to say hello???

Annecourager said...

Yes!! Please do, Crystal!!

We'll have to take a picture so we can do "when blogging worlds collide" or some such rot. :)