Thursday, November 30, 2006

Grief, but not hopeless grief.

My heart is breaking for my dear friends Lori and Joe.

Yesterday morning Lori was able to hold her 15-day-old baby for the very first - and last - time. He is now at peace and completely healed in the arms of Jesus. His struggles are over.

The struggle will remain for Lori and Joe, and their sons Christian and Aaron. I pray that God's love will sustain them and His grace will overwhelm them during this time and in the difficult weeks to come. Lori knows and loves her Lord (as does Joe), and the family's prayer throughout all of this has been for God to be honored and glorified...whether by life or by death.

We wonder "why" - but we need to remember WHO our God is. It's not a big deal to bring joy out of good/easy circumstances.... but it takes an omnipotent God to bring joy out of evil and calamity, which is just what He can do, and has done countless times in the past.

May God be glorified in Isaac's brief life, and in his passing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your friends, so sad it brings tears to my eyes to just read your post, I'm so sorry.

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

I clicked on your blog from the comment you left on my blog... thanks for sharing your friend's story. I am sitting here at 2:15 in the morning crying for Lori and Joe... my prayers will be with them as these days come to pass.

Anonymous said...

I had been checking your friend's blog regularly since you first posted about their situation. It is so sad.

It makes me wonder, how much faith would I have in the midst of such grief? They are remarkable people.

Annecourager said...

I know they are grateful for all the prayers. The service was yesterday - I haven't spoken with her yet but will do so soon. Thanks, all.