Friday, November 03, 2006

What is it about mud?

This morning I was out, being a piano teacher Mary-type, sitting at the feet of a piano pedagogue and learning and taking notes. The WHY of technique. The HOW of scales.

Returning home to make lunch, A. tells me the kids are in the backyard. In the mud. Like, a pig wallow-sized amount of mud. Of course, S. is wearing pink and white. Why does it always have to be pink and white?? Probably to be more piggie like, I guess, but it's wretched to clean up I tell you. *(A's comment to me when I was whining about pink and white and mud: "That's all she EVER wears!")

So, out comes the spray nozzle, set to "jet" - we have to pressure wash the kids before they can set foot inside the house again! I tossed the wet clothes onto the garage floor with the other mounds of laundry (I have NOT been doing a "load a day," therefore I'm backed up again! argh. baby steps~! restarting!)

So now they're eating lunch (bread, butter and jam)(I'm out of cashew butter) - and it's time for school. Hopefully math will be as good as it was yesterday, nice and quick! I think D is finally getting the hang of regrouping.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh no! When I was little my family lived in the country for six years, and during that time some of my sisters quite lived in the mud!

Annecourager said...

Yes, Mrs. Blythe, it was very easy. And it kept my old template.

The MAIN change is that I am no longer "annecourager" in the comments I leave. I'm whatever my "about me" page says. So right now I'm "call me Ishmael."

And it tied my old blogger account to the beta test one I set up so they're both on the same dashboard. That was clever of them~!