Saturday, November 11, 2006

"my mind is going, Dave...I can feel it..."

I think blogging is a very good thing for me, personally. Not thinking of the four of you who read this, but for me, MYSELF.

You see, I have NO memory for details. I am currently IM'ing with my college roommate's husband - recalling their wedding day (I was a bridesmaid) - and I'm finding that I can't remember the most basic of details, as in, who else was in the wedding party. And I went to college with all of them.

I do this with other things too. Details of my children's lives. My childhood. Stories my parents have told me. It's slipping away. I'm getting Alzheimers, and I'm only 36.

Therefore, it will become increasingly important for me to jot down details of my daily ins-and-outs so I can come back here and READ it, and hopefully a small, dim bulb will come on somewhere and I can say...ohhhh...yeaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!! I remember NOOOOWWWW!!!

This will only be good as long as Blogger holds up, or the internet stays online. But it's a start. And maybe, if I've forgotten enough, I can sit and read snippets of my life as a kind of spectator. I wonder if I would cheer or boo?

Now there's a deep question to ponder. "Will this activity I am pursuing right now, which I will record in my blog later on--make me as a Spectator of My Life cheer, or boo?"

Even more deep, and should have been the first question I thought of: What does God think of what I'm doing?

Have a blessed Lord's Day.



oh.....and does anyone know where the title quotation comes from?

3 comments:

Corene said...

you said that 4 people read your blog. Well, I don't think I am part of the 4 that you think read your blog. I don't post that much but I do enjoy your posting.

Annecourager said...

Man, you are good, Mrs Blythe!!
I think you must be one of my few female friends who enjoy sci-fi. The rest, naturally, are all male.

Corene! I haven't checked your blog in some time--you're blogging again? :) So I'll have to say "five people" next time. :) tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I'd borrow Boo Mama's slogan: "Read by tens of people every day" - but I hate plagiarism. I just wish I'd thought of it first! :)

Anonymous said...

I completely relate! Are we losing it, or do we just have more to remember on less sleep?