Monday, July 31, 2006

Brick Walls

As I sit here, waiting for some documents to finish printing, I'm reading through blogs and musing.

Ever have someone that you love dearly just up and.....quit....responding to you? You send emails, you text message, you leave messages on their phone, and......zero response.

You panic. Something MUST be wrong; why would they not answer phone calls and emails? But they are shutting you out, deliberately. Brick wall. Start climbing.

You take a casual approach. Send email every 6 mos or so with newsy news about family and mutual friends.

Zilch.

That's the scenario in which I find myself (going on over a year now), and today my heart is twingeing because of it. Most days I can brush it off and think, well, when she's ready, she'll come to me and talk about whatever it is that's keeping her away.

But today, ah, today.....

Brick walls. Should I keep climbing?

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Sometimes I think I quit too soon on things like this. I stop because it hurts to keep climbing. (((Hugs)))

3boysmama said...

I totally understand. We have the same thing happening to us with Aaron's sister. You try to think what you could have done. Very frustrating.

Christy said...

Keep climbing...I find that it's better to take a break, but not give up...even though it's hurtful. If you take a break, eventually it won't be such a tender spot and you will feel like climbing again. At least that's what has worked for me.

But it's lame. I'm sorry.

Christy said...

And often it's not you, but something the other person is dealing with.

Kim said...

Perhaps she's struggling with depression and it has nothing to do with you. When I've been really down I didn't want to talk to anybody, just wanted to crawl in a cave. Is she communicating with others, do you know?

Annecourager said...

Thanks, all of you. You are telling me exactly what I would tell someone else in this situation! lol

joysnatcher and coffee&muffin, I'm sure you're right. That's what happened the last time there was a silence; something was desperately wrong in her life and she couldn't/wouldn't tell me. Until we met in person (she lives 1300 miles away) and she finally confided in me.

Which is why I'm concerned it's happening again. *sigh* but how can I truly know that? catch 22.

So, back off, keep climbing, gently.

--The Horse Whisperer

Anonymous said...

DiDoodle -
Friendship is such a treasure and I know, it's so easy to take anything personally. Just don't lose your focus. I like brick walls and climbing, because it keeps me looking up (looking down can be dangerous). There will always be discouraging days and that's when you open up. It amazes me how much closer you become, if you start out telling your friend -'you need her'.
By the way - If you're talking about me, I'm really doing fine.
:-) Lots of Love D-