Friday, July 28, 2006

News of the small...

This morning as I was making blueberry pancakes (by request), I turned around to find No. 1 Son scoping out my behind with a magnifying glass.


This encouraged me no end! If you have to use a magnifying glass to find it, it must be pretty small, right??


Livin' in my delusional world.... :O)



News of the second offspring: this afternoon I needed to make a stop at Fred Meyer for some cake baking supplies. S. wanted to use one of those racecar kiddie shopping carts, never mind the fact that her knees go up to her nose when she sits in the cab part. Plus the things are virtually impossible to steer. I've been in more cart wrecks with those beasts than I care to count. However, why not? She's only 7 for one year, and that year is dwindling rapidly.

So she goes to the cart return in the parking lot and begins the arduous task of wrestling one out, against all the other carts in the way. She tugs and pulls; she pushes and shoves. D. and I are standing about 50 feet away, waiting for her to emerge, triumphant, with car cart. Finally after about two minutes of wrestling (I am biting my tongue so I don't crab at her to "hurry UP") - she comes out with the cart backwards. I feel her pain, those carts are not designed for mobility. About that time a grandfatherly person approaches her: "Would you like some help?" "Yes, please!" chirrups my daughter.

The kindly older gentleman proceeds to disentangle the cart, straighten it around.......

then put it right back in the cart return.


D and I double over with laughter at this unexpected twist. S thanks the gentleman, most sincerely, but she too sees the humor in the situation, and rejoins us, also laughing.

We found another race car cart inside the door, and the kids commandeered that one.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Too, too funny! I just told Kevin today that even if we had kids, there would be no way I would push those stupid carts around. Hahaha...they have car carts with tvs in them now at Meijer. The sign above them says, "Shop in peace while your kids watch their favorite tv shows."

Annecourager said...

ROFLOL! I've heard of malls having lounge chairs and tvs for hubbies, but the tv carts are a new one for me!! Way to go, Meijer?

Back when the kids were short, I could put them in the Fred Meyer play room, but now they're too big to fit through the little door (the standard by which they're deemed "OK" to be in the kids room).


Does your WalMart have closed-circuit TVs all throughout the store like ours does? I hate that. Redneck TV.

Annecourager said...

Rebecca, you probably just don't look for them :) Though Freddies is the only place I know of that does it.

Mrs. B--yeah, we're still making jokes about it!